Thursday, January 23, 2014

Flea Market Fun

Hello friends!


We have started on some new projects in our house and thought I would share the before pictures with you!

I have been looking for a dresser to "re-do" into an entertainment stand for awhile now, and guess what... I finally found one! The lucky winner was at Boyle's Joyland in Topeka! Now.. first we must chat about Boyle's. If you have never been there, you must go. And lucky for you, they are open 8 days a week (if you haven't seen their TV commercial, just go with it.) There are so many things in that store I would love to get my painting hands on (including one particular claw foot tub- yikes!).  There is also a full-sized stuffed timber wolf there, but I am not in the market for any taxidermy at the moment.

This store is very overwhelming by the amount of things in it. I tend to be a little claustrophobic so I practiced deep breathing while I was there.. but then there is a weird smell.. so don't breath too deep.

Anyways... here are the 3 gems I found at the flea market:


First up: 


This awesome silver metal, antique looking, funky lamp base! I have been looking for a lamp base for this shade for probably a good 3 months now. I found the lamp shade on sale for I believe it was $5 at Lowe's and it has to have a knob to keep it in place. I thought, Easy! I can find a base for that anywhere! Wrong. Then I saw this beauty and voila! Mr. Boyle's wanted a whopping $6.95 for the base. Therefore, I have a very unique lamp for under $12! Here's another look:

LOVE.

Up next, this cute little shelf/wall piece:
That awesome ladder back there is going to be a quilt rack for the living room. 

This piece has a small shelf at the top, then two behind the glass, then those cute little cubbies on the bottom. This was an expensive $7.95. One of the frame pieces needs re-glued, but that's a piece of cake. This is going to go in my living room once I have painted it! Can't wait to show it too you all spiffy looking. Now... for the biggest purchase at Boyle's:


A DRESSER!!! Hallelujah the search is over!




It is currently this awesome shade of cobalt/purple. This color would be something I would have loved when I was 12 (I stamped electric colored flowers all over my wall at age 12- hippie child at heart here) but this just really won't fit in to the color scheme in my living room. Therefore, bring on the paint stripper and sander. I cannot wait for this to be finished and show you all how a $30 dresser can be an amazing piece of furniture with a little elbow grease (if all goes according to plan). Here's another angle:


Hope it fits in the living room!

I will post some "after" pictures once I get my behind in gear and get these guys done.

Have a happy day all!

Xo- Karalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment